Monday, May 26, 2008

Search in Earnest


Tonight Lynn and I, having had a great day with most of the family at REVILO, are waiting for Margaret to arrive so we travel closer to Atlanta to meet with someone that can help us determine God's calling on our life. This is one of many people we will be talking with to find out what I will do when I grow up. Interpreted means, where and what will I do next in following God.
This trip is to discuss the possibility of becoming a missionary to the Philippines. I never thought I was gifted enough to be a missionary. I am terrible with languages, and have not traveled much. But after a number of trips to Manila with mission teams and with my family, the missionaries there are in favor of us coming. Lynn loves the people and sees that I can be used there. We have a lot of fears; 2 kids in college, a sophomore in high school, a 7th grader, support raising ...   But, if God is calling us I want to be a sheep that listens to the Great Shepherd of the Sheep! I have come to the conclusion over the years you cannot determine God's call until you see, pray and touch the opportunity.
So this season of our life we are trying to be good listeners, as well as sell a house and wait on God to reveal His will!
Margaret is still not here. I will try to do more of this blogging later!

No comments: