Sunday, November 30, 2008

Iron Bowl Win - not just a win but a


When you grow up in Alabama, the IRON BOWL is a big, BIG game. It gives bragging rights for a whole year. Auburn has had bragging rights for over 2,500 days with 6 straight years of wins. 
My family was all Auburn fans. Bruce and Karen went to school there and all the rest picked a the War Eagles. I decided early on (2nd grade) I would cheer for the winners. 

If you live in the state you must take sides, unless you are a Tennessee fan or a Georgia alumni. I know there are few of those fan around this year!

There have been rough years like "punt, Bama, punt" which was a game that Alabama was dominating but had 2 punts blocked and returned for touchdowns in the 4th quarter to ruin a great season. The final score was 17-16 Auburn.

12 wins, no losses, #1 in the country. A great season for an Alabama fan like me. It was fun yesterday with Oliver & Sean watching the whole game.
Roll Tide!

So I will enjoy a 36-0 thrashing of Auburn! Roll Tide!

I hope I will be just as happy after next weeks game!

No comments: