Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Missing My Good Friends




The last week has been a good week with the family. We have had two bonfires in the fire pit given me by good friends. I have worn clothes a good friend bought for me at the coalition in SP. I admire a special paddle in my room carved for me to look like the elven paddles of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Carved with love by a good friend. I caught a fish with a rod and reel that a good friend gave me 20 years ago. I have pictures in my bedroom of good friends that asked me the perform their weddings. I have an architectural picture drawn by a friend that initially designed the building for the church I pastored. Facebook helps keep in touch with those that have reached out to me  - but ...
A good friend that I knew as single lady that later met a man online (One of my duties was to check him out when he came to visit)  now has 2 beautiful children and lives in another state reminded me of this passage yesterday:

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Her emphasis was on "run with perseverance the race marked out for us." I know I am following the race/path God has for me - but I miss my friends.

3 comments:

b said...

We miss you, too! It was good to see you last night. Run with perseverance! B.

Anonymous said...

I miss you, too.

BJ Buracker said...

We miss you up here, too. We hope to see you next time we make it down south.