Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Random items of Interest to ME!

At a church I pastored in the past, I posted on our website statistics from scientific studies concerning living together before marriage. These were not just a preachers opinions - but well documented and researched studies. My oldest, Katie, read them and shared them with here friends from Campbell University. They were all biology students and it was common for them to read research studies in the course work the were taking. I believe God used Katie and these studies to warn and help these girls.

- Here is something similar from Ray Fowler. Check it out here.

- Here is a fellow PCA pastor's perspective on how to pray for our new president.

- Here is part of a great article a Boliver, TN resident sent to me.
I used to avoid this truth by applauding - as you can - the practical work of mission churches in Africa. It's a pity, I would say, that salvation is part of the package, but Christians black and white, working in Africa, do heal the sick, do teach people to read and write; and only the severest kind of secularist could see a mission hospital or school and say the world would be better w
ithout it. I would allow that if faith was needed to motivate missionaries to help, then, fine: but what counted was the help, not the faith.
But this doesn't fit the facts. Faith does more than support the missionary; it is also transferred to his flock. This is the effect that matters so immensely, and which I cannot help observing.

Read the whole article here - it is well worth your time!

-

No comments: