Thursday, June 5, 2008

26 Years


Today is our 26th wedding anniversary and we splurged on eating at KFC (white meat for me) and then we took in Prince Caspian.
So much has happened in all those years. We have had great joys and terrible disappointments. But the constant has been we have stuck together and kept seeking the Lord. Many laughs and many tears later we have a bright hope for our future. There is no one else I would rather walk another 26 years with than Lynn.
I realized that I have been married over half of my life. Where would I be without Lynn? I have no idea and do not want to think about it. God has used her to make me grow as a person in many ways. I know I got the better end of the marriage - she has to put up with me.
We prayed at dinner and she asked God for at least 26 more years - AMEN.

PS. On our 20th we went to Jamacia, after out trip to the Philippines we decided not to spend big bucks like that again on an anniversary. Mission trips are so much better for our souls and a much better investment in the Kingdom.

5 comments:

Lynn Cross said...

I love you. Lynn

BJ Buracker said...

Congrats, big man! That's great.

I've heard that there is this Christmas store that sells great perfume. Perhaps you can pick some up for an anniversary present.

Love you!

BJ
Stupid Scholar
Daily Bible Reflections

b said...

Actually, I think I have a few bottles left in my attic. Just let me know, Ken. B.

hipmissionary said...

Hey! I just found out about this blog when I read Lynn's blog today - how come you were holding out on me!! I put you on my "favorites" list I am praying for y'all - for CLEAR direction; of course, you know where my personal preference is!! I have been looking for you and looking for you on Skype, but we must be up and on different hours now! Love ya,Cheryl

Lulu said...

Love you and miss you. Charlie and I would like to follow in your footsteps. Thank you for the example you have been to us. God bless you and Lynn. I'm praying for your next ministry.