Thursday, June 26, 2008

Morning by morning new mercies I see!



 
Today I had the opportunity to share my story of God saving me. I have told the story so many times, in many ways and situations. I have used parts of my story in sermons and in witnessing opportunities. One thing about your story - no one can argue about it. It is my story - a story of grace and acceptance when I was lonely, stupid and with no direction. It is also His story. It is still a story of grace - I am not lonely, but still stupid and looking for direction. His grace will cover that too!
I remember when God opened my ears to hear that a christian is not someone who simply believes information -- but a person who asks a "living Jesus" into their lives. God has been faithful in my life, not predictable, but always faithful. The Hymn goes ...
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father:      
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.      
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;      
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.     

Refrain:      Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!      
Morning by morning new mercies I see;      
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided      
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,      
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide,      
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,      
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Right now, God is being faithful to me. He is providing strength and bright hope for tomorrow. He did that when I had such little faith that when I asked Him to be my Savior my prayer was, "I ask you to be my Savior  - but if you fail me I will quit you forever. He has never failed me - although I have failed Him so many times.
Early this morning Lynn and I were praying on the back deck overlooking a beautiful scene of creation before us. If he can take care to dress the flowers - will he take care of us and our family?
 The passion to tell the story still continues.
 When was the last time you told your story/His story? I would love to hear it & and so would others!

No comments: