Friday, July 25, 2008

Heath Ledger



I am not a big movie critic but I did see the new Batman movie this week. Then one of my daughters told me that the actor that played the Joker was dead. What a waste. He made the movie and he nailed the Joker character! My daughter said his name was Heath Ledger. So I googled him and it made me even more sad when I realized who he was.

CNN said this about him: Heath Ledger was found dead of a drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment.

art.ledger.obit.gi.jpg

Heath Ledger was unresponsive when a housekeeper found him in a Manhattan apartment Tuesday.

The Academy Award-nominated actor was 28.

Ledger was found naked and unresponsive, facedown on the floor at the foot of his bed by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse, said police spokesman Paul Browne.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," he told CNN.

I was shocked to find out he has been in some of my favorite movies.


A Knight's

Tale & The Patriot


Why would I have a post about such things? 

It brings to my mind - that people can succeed and be so unhappy. Heath was obviously a talented actor with real skills but had a terrible life.


24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

 25For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Now for the question of the day - has this Biblical contradiction made sense to you? Many people think that people like me waste their lives serving the Lord. I have friends that think I would do better in business - more money, less stress, less betrayal, less heartache ... but there also would be less joy for me because it would not be what God has called me to.

Heath, according to the articles I read, never felt he was talented, and was unhappy. I do not know about his soul. But be assured I care about yours. If you ever feel like taking too many pills, or some other such self-destructive act - call me. You are of much value and I will remind you.

No comments: