Monday, July 21, 2008

In VA Beach with Oliver



This summer Oliver is working for a Christian Ministry called Summer Shine.  It is a ministry at some of the largest KOA camps in the nation.  They hire high school and college young people to come up with activities, do maintenance, do outreach, and preach on Sundays to the clients that come to the campground.  Oliver has had to be available to preach every sunday. I have been so proud of him.  
We are here visiting him and getting to see what he has been doing all summer.  We are staying in a cabin with Mo and Bekah.  He has his own little camper that he stays in.  He woke up this morning and was out trimming and cutting down weeds at 6:30 am.  We were able to take him out to dinner last night at the local Outback.  We had a great time getting caught up.  
I have been nostalgic all day thinking about the time in the near future when all the kids are scattered, and it might be a rare event when we get to all be together.   Makes me even more grateful for the times that we have now.  What a blessing my children have been to me.  Karen has been in Southern Pines all summer babysitting, and I miss her so much.  Katie and Michael are in Columbia trying to find a place to live, and getting Michael signed up for classes in the Fall.  How I will miss them.  I will even miss Addis, their black lab!  God gives us family as a precursor to what heaven will be like.  Thank you Father.  
Awaiting the Bridegroom...................Lynn

No comments: