Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Opportunity to Invest in God's Kingdom

I am officially an approved Church Planter for Central Carolina Presbytery to the Steele Creek area of SW Charlotte. My first task is to raise the money that will allow me to minister there. So, here is a quick way to get the word out to those faithful blog readers.

 The way I am approaching this portion of my ministry is much like Paul did with the church of Philippi. 
Philippians 4
10I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

 14Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. 15Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; 16for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. 17Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. 18I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

My application of this passage for this blog:
" You know me, and you know the needs of getting the gospel out. You also know about what it takes to do church planting. We all know God will provide one way or the other. But it was you that provided out of poverty and God will credit your account. Everyone that is affected by the gospel in Steele Creek and each missionary or ministry that touches people for the Lord through Advent Presbyterian will be credited to your account. Each gift you give is affirming to me and I know God will provide for you when you provide for the advancing of the Kingdom!"

Today you do not need to send a messenger like Ephaproditus to give you gifts, there are numerous way to support this work of grace. The language below is  from Mission to North America  (MNA), the church planting arm of the PCA. They are handling the finances for this church plant.

There are four ways to give to the Advent Presbyterian Church Plant

partnering with MNA for cash management services:

  1. You can make your donations by mail.

Mission to North America

1700 N. Brown Road Suite 101

Lawrenceville, GA 30043-8143

§  Please make your checks payable to MNA

§  In the memo line of your check specify  Ken Cross (we prefer the name rather than an account number)

§  100% of your contribution goes directly to this project!  There are no fees charged by MNA for these services.

  1. You can make your donations online by credit card.

§  Go to www.pca-mna.org

§  Click the “Support MNA” tab (2nd from the right)

§  Choose “Donate Now” 

(Link: https://processor.pcanet.org/mna/donationsII/donation.cfm)

§  From the ‘church planters’ drop down menu, select “Cross, Ken – Steele Creek (Charlotte), NC

§  Create a user account by entering your donor information, name, address, email address.

  1. You can make your regular donations automatically via electronic funds transfer from your bank, or by a recurring credit card charge.

Please contact Michael Hutcheson at (678) 825-1223 or mhutcheson@pcanet.org. 

  1. You can donate stock by contacting Charles W. Schwab:

Stock Company: Charles Schwab & Associates

Main phone number: 1-800-435-4000

Account number: 16360225

DTC Code: 0164 Code 40

 (DTC stands for Depository Trust Co., which is part of the Federal Reserve System of the Central Securities Exchange)

 After each gift is received, a receipt will be sent to the donor.

So here is my initial pledge card. If you want more information just make a comment on this blog and I will be glad to contact you. Or here is a new e-mail address just for fund raising for Advent Presbyterian Mission. 
ken@adventpres.org

STATEMENT OF PLEDGE TO SUPPORT -  Advent Presbyterian Church Plant

MINISTRY OF KEN CROSS – Steele Creek (Charlotte), NC

 

Yes, I (we) would like to express my (our) intent to pledge support to Advent Presbyterian Church Plant and to MNA by:

 

o PRAYER:  I (we) would like to pray for the development of this ministry and for the hearts of people to be touched by the Gospel.          

o Daily     o Weekly

 

      o  FINANCIAL TAX DEDUCTIBLE GIFTS:

v One Time Gift of $__________________

 

v  Ongoing pledge of  

$___________ per ________ for ________years

                       (M)onth, (Q)uarter, (Y)ear         1, 2, 3 or 4

 

v Pledge date range:  

Start________ Month/Year      End ___________ Month/Year

 

       o Receive Church Planter prayer letters.  (Please DO NOT check if you are currently receiving the prayer letter)

 

       o Agree that funds may be advanced to the church planter based on the above pledge with my (our) understanding that as I (we) continue to give in fulfillment of my (our) pledge, I (we) are replenishing to MNA the funds MNA has advanced to Ken Cross.

 

NAME________________________________________

        (Title, Mr., Mrs., Ms.)         (First)          (Last Name)

 

ADDRESS______________________________

 

CITY_______________________  STATE___________  ZIP_______

 

TELEPHONE________________________ 

EMAIL_______________

 

SIGNATURE______________________________ 

DATE _____________

 

Please make checks payable and mail to: 

Mission to North America

1700 N. Brown Road Suite 101

Lawrenceville, GA 30043-8143

                                                   

 o  I would like information on electronic funds giving.

This contribution will be made with the understanding that Mission to North America has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds, to assure their use for the intended exempt purposes.  


1 comment:

Kallie said...

Ken,
We are so excited for this opportunity for you and your family! What an answer of prayer! You will be continually in our thoughts and prayers!!
Jason Van Zee